PRO SOCCER NEWS AND RESOURCES FROM OREGON AND BEYOND
- GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Minnesota United FC today announced Eric Ramsay as the second head coach in the club's Major League Soccer history. Ramsay joi… – MLS Minnesota United FC
- From ball boy to stepping on the pitch for Charlotte FC in front of over 62,000 fans, Nimfasha Berchimas has seen an incredible rise from his early da… – MLS Charlotte FC
- NEW YORK – D.C. United forward Christian Benteke was voted the Major League Soccer Player of the Matchday for the opening week of the 2024 MLS season…. – MLS D.C. United
- FIRE HOST FC CINCINNATIIN 2024 HOME OPENERThe 2024 regular season is officially underway, and the Fire return to the lakefront for the very firs… – MLS Chicago Fire FC
- NEW YORK – D.C. United forward Christian Benteke was voted the Major League Soccer Player of the Matchday for the opening week of the 2024 MLS season…. – MLS
- NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Soccer Club will host the team's first-ever home Concacaf Champions Cup (CCC) match on Wednesday, Feb. 28 when Dominic… – MLS Nashville SC
- The Victory Project has partnered with Tiptap, an innovative social impact platform, to enhance touchless giving with the introduction of donation dev… – MLS Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF goalkeeper Drake Callender and captain Lionel Messi have been named in the Team of the Matchday for Matchday 1 and 2 of the MLS 2024 re… – MLS Inter Miami CF
- FRISCO, Texas – FC Dallas midfielder Asier Illarramendi was named to MLSsoccer.com's Team of the Matchday for Matchday 1+2 after scoring his first MLS… – MLS FC Dallas
- Phil Neville Named MLS Coach of the Matchday, Antony on MLS Team of the Matchday in First Week of the SeasonPORTLAND, Ore. – Portland Timbers head coach Phil Neville has been named the MLS Coach of the Matchday for Matchday 1 and 2, the league announced toda… – MLS Portland Timbers
- CHICAGO – Chicago Fire FC midfielder Brian Gutiérrez has been named to the MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 1 and 2 after recording a goal a… – MLS Chicago Fire FC
- CHARLOTTE, NC – Charlotte FC defender Adilson Malanda earned a spot on the MLS Team of the Matchday after his opening goal and defensive leadership ea… – MLS Charlotte FC
- Following a 1-1 draw in the club's season opener in Houston, Sporting Kansas City will host the Philadelphia Union in the club's highly anticipated ho… – MLS Sporting Kansas City
- World Champion Argentina to Play June Matches in Chicago and Washington DC Metro Area on the Road to 2024 Copa AmericaNEW YORK & BUENOS AIRES – The defending FIFA World Cup champion and top ranked national team in the world Argentina will play two June games in in th… – MLS Chicago Fire FC
- Sporting Kansas City announced today the launch of the club's Home Opener Week campaign for fans to take advantage of exclusive offers from local part… – MLS Sporting Kansas City
- Albania: SuperligaDinamo City 0 – 1 Vllaznia ShkodërTirana 1 – 1 LaçiArgentina: Prim B MetroVilla Dálmine 0 – 3 FénixSan Miguel 1 – 0 San Martín TucumánQuilmes 1 – 0 Chacarita JuniorsArgentinos Juniors 3 – 1 PlatenseDefensa y Justicia 1 – 1 Deportivo RiestraLanús 1 – 1 BanfieldInstituto 0 – 2 Godoy CruzArmenia: Premier LeagueNoah 1 – 0 ShirakAustralia: Victoria NPLSouth Melbourne 1 – 0 Hume CityBosnia Herzegovina: Premier LigaSiroki Brijeg 2 – 0 ŽeljezničarBulgaria: First LeagueBeroe 0 – 2 LudogoretsCSKA 1948 Sofia II 1 – 1 Dobrudzha 1919Colombia: Primera ADeportivo Pereira 3 – 3 JuniorBoyacá Chicó 1 – 2 […]
- Africa: CAF Confederation CupSuperSport United 1 – 1 Modern FutureAbu Salim 1 – 2 ZamalekSOAR Coyah 0 – 0 Sagrada EsperançaDreams 1 – 0 Club AfricainSekhukhune United 0 – 0 RSB BerkaneStade Malien Bamako 1 – 0 Diables NoirsAlbania: SuperligaEgnatia Rrogozhinë 0 – 0 Teuta DurrësSkënderbeu Korçë 1 – 0 Partizani TiranaKukësi 1 – 2 Erzeni ShijakAngola: Girabola1º de Agosto 1 – 0 União de MalanjeArgentina: Prim B MetroDeportivo Merlo 2 – 1 Argentino MerloUAI Urquiza 0 – 3 ColegialesRacing Córdoba 1 – 1 Tristán SuárezAlvarado 1 – 0 All BoysGüemes 1 – 1 AgropecuarioGimnasia Jujuy 1 – 0 Guillermo […]
- Africa: CAF Champions LeagueTP Mazembe 3 – 0 PyramidsGalaxy 0 – 1 Wydad CasablancaEtoile du Sahel 0 – 2 ES TunisYoung Africans 4 – 0 BelouizdadAlgeria: Ligue 1Kabylie 0 – 0 KhenchelaMC Oran 2 – 1 US SoufCS Constantine 3 – 1 ASO ChlefEl Bayadh 0 – 0 MC AlgerArgentina: Prim B MetroMidland 0 – 3 Argentino QuilmesCañuelas 2 – 1 ComunicacionesExcursionistas 1 – 0 Villa San CarlosAcassuso 0 – 2 FlandriaDeportivo Maipú 0 – 2 San Martín San JuanDefensores Unidos 0 – 0 Mitre Santiago d. EsteroDeportivo Madryn 0 – 0 Gimnasia y TiroDefensores de Belgrano 0 – 0 […]
- Manchester United assistant coach Eric Ramsay has been announced as the new head coach of Minnesota United. The Athletic broke the news last week that the 32-year-old had agreed a deal to become the MLS club’s new head coach. The Premier League side have now confirmed that Ramsay will leave the club after Manchester United’s Premier League game against Manchester City on March 3. Ramsay told his new club’s website: “I’m incredibly excited to be joining a club with such a strong football culture, a fanatic fan base and a brilliant infrastructure. I’ve spoken to a…
- Neville says he felt at home with Portland from his very first conversation with the club
- Messi scores late equalizer, Sergio Busquets and replacement referee struggle: LA Galaxy 1, Inter Miami 1The LA Galaxy were in control of the game for long stretches of Sunday night visit from Inter Miami, but a late sending off and a later goal from Lionel Messi resulted in a 1-1 draw. Miami’s depth in midfield was once again a concern, but all it took was a little bit of magic between Messi and Jordi Alba to rescue a result and avoid Miami’s first loss of the young season. Messi 🔗 Alba WHAT A GOAL! pic.twitter.com/LuYpsiAb2X — Major League Soccer (@MLS) February 26, 2024 And that’s why Inter Miami is considered one of the favorites in […]
- Even with Messi and other aging former Barcelona stars joining the ranks, MLS is getting younger
- A ruling by a European court has given some MLS owners revived hopes of leaving the U.S. Open Cup
- Federico is a different player to his father, Argentina legend Fernando, but they share some similarities on the pitch
- The Athletic has obtained the list of referee assignments for this weekend’s Major League Soccer games, which includes officials with widely varying degrees of experience. While some have been involved extensively in matches in the second and third divisions of the U.S. Soccer pyramid, others are making the leap from the uppermost levels of youth soccer. Some of the assistant referees have largely worked college games. MLS has been forced to play games with replacement officials after the Professional Referees Organization (PRO) could not come to terms with the Professional Soccer…
- The new looks across MLS this season conjure up everything from the streets to the stars
- The World Cup-winning goalkeeper discusses a difficult last few months at Spurs, the club's lack of trophies, and his move to MLS with LAFC
- Manchester United assistant Eric Ramsay has agreed a deal to become the new head coach of Minnesota United, sources briefed on the deal tell The Athletic. Ramsay is expected to depart his role at United for Minnesota after the Premier League side’s fixture against rivals Manchester City on March 3. The Athletic reported on Monday that Minnesota was closing in on naming Ramsay their head coach, and though it has not been finalised yet, the deal is nearing completion. Minnesota kick off their 2024 MLS season on Saturday against Austin FC. They face reigning champions Columbus Crew on March…
- The designated players arriving in time for match week one and those who may not
- Argentina will play two friendlies in the United States in March after their planned games in China were cancelled due to Lionel Messi’s absence in Hong Kong. The 2022 World Cup winners will play El Salvador at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on March 22, before facing Nigeria at the LA Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles on March 26. El Salvador replace the Ivory Coast, who Argentina was originally scheduled to play in one of the two friendlies. The two friendlies against Nigeria and Ivory Coast in China were cancelled this month after Messi failed to appear in an Inter […]
- Inter Miami put their disappointing preseason tour of Asia behind them with a 2-0 win over Real Salt Lake in their MLS regular-season opener Wednesday. Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez each provided an assist on the night. Suárez hobbled and battled for 90 minutes in his MLS debut. All eyes will be on Inter Miami this season with MLS Cup or bust expectations the only measure of success for the Fort Lauderdale-based club. With Messi now fully fit after an adductor injury limited his preseason action, Inter Miami was the aggressor in the first half. They dominated possession as a […]
- Garber took aim at the PSRA and criticism of MLS' attempt to limit its first-team involvement in the Open Cup
- Executive producer describes what it's like to capture Messi's life on film.
- Squabbles with China aside, Inter Miami's preparations to capitalize on Messi's arrival are now paying off
- Plus, the staff makes a few bold predictions.
- On the night that Luis Suarez made his MLS debut, Miami got goals from Robert Taylor and Diego Gomez to take their first win of the 2024 season
- After a new deal for referees failed to be reached, Inter Miami and Real Salt Lake will start the new season with stand-in officials
- Will Inter Miami make the postseason? Is this the year Thiago Almada breaks the MLS transfer record?
- Lionel Messi was accompanied by Saint West, the 8-year-old son of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, before Inter Miami's match Sunday.
- Lionel Messi scored in the second minute of second-half injury time off a pass from Jordi Alba, and Miami managed a 1-1 draw with the Galaxy on Sunday night.
- Inter Miami CF brought the LA Galaxy to a 1-1 draw after Lionel Messi scored in 92'.
- Virgil van Dijk has headed Liverpool to a record-extending 10th English League Cup trophy by securing a 1-0 win against Chelsea at Wembley.
- LAFC faced off against the Seattle Sounders in their MLS season opener! Check out the top moments and highlights here!
- LAFC midfielder Mateusz Bogusz scored a phenomenal goal against the Seattle Sounders.
- Timothy Tillman scored in 45' that gave the LAFC a 1-0 lead over the Seattle Sounders.
- Stan Bowles, the maverick soccer player who made five appearances for England and was a widely admired star in the 1970s, has died.
- Seattle Sounders' Nathan slid for a difficult save against LAFC.
- Here are the odds for Lionel Messi and Inter Miami's match against the five-time MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy on Sunday.
- Jaedyn Shaw scored a brace in the first half of the United States women's national team's 4-0 win over Argentina on Friday in the second CONCACAF W Gold Cup group stage match.
- Jenni Hermoso and Aitana Bonmatí helped Spain beat Netherlands 3-0 in the Women's Nations League semifinals on Friday, a victory that secured the world champions a spot in the Paris Olympics.
- Inter Miami completed the signing of midfielder Federico Redondo to a four-year contract on Friday, with a club option for the 2028 season.
- Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United will take part in a summer series, called "Rivals in Red," with games in the U.S.
- Thomas Tuchel, who will leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season, doesn't think he's the "only problem" at the club.
- Here's everything you need to know about watching MLS games including streaming and how to watch free.
- After not being named to the initial Gold Cup roster, Alex Morgan and Becky Sauerbrunn contributed to the USWNT's 5-0 win over the Dominican Republic on Tuesday.
- As much as the 2024 MLS season — Lionel Messi’s first full campaign following his arrival midway through last year — is all about the GOAT, there are plenty of other storylines to follow.
- Real Madrid's Toni Kroos has agreed to play for Germany for the 2024 Euro Championship after a request from coach Julian Nagelsmann.
- Check out the complete list of English Premier League winners dating back to 1888.
The Story of the Portland Timbers MLS Team
Nestled in the heart of the Pacific Northwest, the city of Portland is synonymous with passion, community, and profound love for soccer. And at the heart of this fervor stands the Portland Timbers, a Major League Soccer (MLS) team that has not only captured the hearts of its fans but has also etched its name in the annals of American soccer history.
The roots of the Portland Timbers date back to the 1970s when they were a part of the North American Soccer League (NASL). Though the league may have dissolved, the spirit of the Timbers lived on, and in 2011, the franchise was reborn as an MLS team. Since then, they have consistently showcased the passion and commitment that have become synonymous with soccer in the city.
What truly sets the Portland Timbers apart is their unwavering fan base – the Timbers Army. More than just spectators, they are the heartbeat of the team, filling Providence Park with deafening chants, vibrant scarves, and a palpable energy that electrifies every match. The Timbers Army has set a new standard for fan engagement in MLS, creating an atmosphere that players from around the league yearn to experience.
No story about the Portland Timbers is complete without mentioning their intense rivalries. The Cascadia Cup, a fierce competition between the Timbers, Seattle Sounders, and Vancouver Whitecaps, has produced some of the most memorable moments in MLS history. These matches are not just about soccer; they’re a testament to the deep-rooted passion of the Pacific Northwest fanbases.
The Portland Timbers’ impact transcends the soccer field. They are active participants in the community, engaging in various social initiatives and charity projects. From promoting environmental sustainability to supporting local causes, the Timbers have shown their dedication to making Portland a better place both on and off the pitch.
The Timbers’ journey has been one of highs and lows, but it reached its pinnacle in 2015 when they clinched their first MLS Cup. The victory not only marked a historic achievement for the franchise but also solidified their place in the hearts of Portlanders. The resilience, teamwork, and never-give-up attitude displayed during that championship run embodied the city’s spirit.
Providence Park, the Timbers’ iconic home stadium, is a place where dreams come alive. With its unique architecture, close-knit atmosphere, and breathtaking view of the city skyline, the stadium embodies the essence of the Timbers’ identity.
As the Portland Timbers continue to evolve and shape the landscape of MLS, their future is promising. With a dedicated fanbase, a storied history, and a commitment to excellence, they are poised to continue leaving an indelible mark on American soccer.
In a city where the rain-kissed streets echo with the sounds of victory chants and the aroma of pine trees mingles with the excitement of the game, the Portland Timbers stand as a testament to the power of sports in uniting communities and igniting passions. Their journey, like the winding rivers of the Pacific Northwest, continues to flow, carving out new stories, forging new connections, and unearthing greatness for generations to come.